scrumtrulescent

there are very few things i miss more about living at home than "inside the actor's studio".
i realized this during a family steak dinner where my dad finally got to use his new monogramming brander my sister and i bought him for father's day it was a momentous occasion last night, when my mom handed me an episode starring the talented, the incomparable, the wishlisty hugh jackman she'd taped.
i got way too excited.
i also realized this while i was trying to convince some friends it was imperative they watch it with me "you'll love it. the host, james lipton, has a huge pile of blue notecards with questions on them and he always acts like everything the guest ever did was brilliant! like, if johnny depp was on it, james lipton would go off about the genius that was 21 jump street . and then at the end he asks them what their favorite curse word is...".
i got way too excited.

but mainly i realized it when two of the three friends chose to go to bed at 9:45pm rather than watch james lipton coerce hugh jackman into singing "oh what a beautiful morning".
those poor, well rested fools. now they'll never know the beauty of seeing hugh jackman finagled into high kicking like a rockette, nor the joy of seeing an auditorium full of acting students both male and female trying to seduce hugh jackman with their eyes. nor the thrill of hearing incessant name dropping kind of like the name dropping i've been doing in this blog. think of all the google searches that will lead to me now!

Comments

Jay said…
I've seen a clip of Hugh Jackman do broadway in "The Wolverine from Oz". . . I mean "The Boy from Oz". It was quite entertaining.
Leah said…
kat, you are sublime.
Nama said…
hey, i was tired. and i did get a good night o' rest. and i have seen hotty mchot jackman sing "o what a beautiful morning". so who's the loser now?

...

it's still me, isn't it?
Em said…
i'm neither well rested nor a fool.

well, actually i'm very well rested because i can sleep in as long as i want. because i don't have to work again until late august. and i'm probably a fool also.

but i did get to see hugh jackman sing and high kick and make the audience drool... priceless.
sassinak said…
he sang oh what a beautiful morning?

how much do you want for the tape?

god he's gorgeous.
Anonymous said…
ok ok, i will quell (quell....qual.....quel.....quale....quelle?) all of kat's jackman problems with a picture of me. i know that it may not look quite like me but if you stare at it long enough you will realize that it is me. just stare at the beautiful lingering ....ummm.......gleam? in my eye. kat will go after me then, well here is my pic http://www.btvsobsessed.com/xmen/actors/hugh/hugh_images_006.jpg
Andrew H said…
I used to think Hugh Jackman was the epitome of cool, when he was Wolverine. Then, I randomly picked up a "People" magazine and saw him wearing those stretchy spandexy supposed-to-look-like-normal-pants pants that actors on Broadway wear and a Femmy shirt, I think tied in a knot in the front (could have been me exaggerating, but hey, it's MY comment!) and my respect/admiration/jealousy (okay, I'm still jealous)/fear went away. Wolverine? More like Womanrine...