an entry about amazon.com

i am having my first negative experience with amazon.com. i ordered "lost" season 2 a month ago and, sadly, have yet to receive it. i've emailed the person twice in vain. but i figure i'll email him once more, and then email amazon and get my money back.
i'm not too worried about it.
i'm way more worried about the seller bjc616. up through the end of november his ratings were through the roof. "received as promised" said rachel. "no problems, fast ship" said jmr718nyc. "a great family film" said the new york times. ahem. not until last week did he get such reviews as "item was ordered on nov 14th. as of dec 8th it still has not arrived and four email requests for an update have been unanswered. this seller should no longer be able to advertise. complete waste of time" from suzanne r.
i think something happened.
something horrible.
maybe over thanksgiving.
and it angers me that bjc616 has been kidnapped or killed or something and nobody seems to care.
plus he's a "lost" fan.
so my soulmate is being held for ransom in a shack somewhere in the remote part of nevada and nobody is doing anything about it!

what kind of world do we live in?

Comments

Jon said…
So your beef really isn't with Amazon.com, it's with the seller on Amazon marketplace.
kat said…
neither.
my beef is with the people who aren't saving bjc616 from the drug cartel holding him captive.
matt said…
there is only one thing to do...sue nevada.
Nama said…
maybe it's just lost.
Ann-Marie said…
kat you need to go after him!
barnesanova said…
amazon and it's other sellers are notoriously bad at shipping during the holidays. a dab of e-commerce patience here may be just the trick for a disgruntled st. nick.
Anonymous said…
Um, if he is such a fan of lost season 2 then why is he selling it?
Andrew H said…
So WHY Nevada? What's up with Nevada always getting the finger pointed at it? Why not Florida? Or Minnesota? Huh? Or even the District of Columbia, not technically a state, but has congressional representation. I just don't understand this Anti-Nevadite sentiment. It's very disappointing Kat...
Carolyn said…
Just so you know, I think with the individual sellers on Amazon they have a shipping allowance of like 4-8 weeks. I had this happen recently too, and my package made it eventually.
Anonymous said…
Hello - I am an acquaintance of seller bjc616 and unfortunately we haven't heard from him ever since he left Australia for LA right after Thanksgiving. Oceanic Air has assured us that they are doing everything they can to find him and the rest of his fellow passengers, so as soon as he gets back I'm sure we can get all of these orders straightened out. Thank you for your patience.
Ben said…
My initials are indeed BJC, but I don't think I'm that guy. Unless I did it in my sleep, which would explain why you can't find him. But that means that my sleeping self likes Lost way more than my waking self.
Leah said…
Just do like I do and have someone give you all the Lost dvds as a gift, from the asian black market, in the middle of summer... I hope it comes soon.