tainted by the world

had the following conversation with my mom last night...

mom: "so what did you do today?"
me: "went to work, finished a painting, went visiting teaching, went running, and now i'm making a salad."
"well, aren't you a little doobie!"
"... what did you call me?"
"a doobie"
"... hu... well you're quite the little joint yourself."
"what?"
"what?"
"when i was a little girl i used to watch a tv show and the lady on it would call the kids 'little dewbees' because they were doing so much."
"... oh."
"what do you think a doobie is?"
"...hehehe... um... that."

Comments

Em said…
You'll always be my little doobie. :)
Nama said…
kat, i hear that you haven't been using your blog for writing, but for ROLLING DOOBIES!!
Ben said…
Um, I just saw the cover of Rolling Stone's December issue, which bears the caption "Snoop Dogg's Smokin' Christmas", with a photo of the aforementioned Mr. Dogg holding a candy cane much as one would a stogie. It made me both sad and happy.
girlzoot said…
This was lovely, I think I hurt myself when I laughed at your conversation.
Chester B. said…
The "Doobies" broke up a long, long time ago man.
meagan said…
For some reason, I'm imagining your mom with a North Dakotan accent; like unto "Life with Louie". And it makes me laugh harder.