i...
...'ve upgraded to the 44 ounce, super big gulp size of diet coke because the big gulp isn't doing it for me anymore.

... have big plans to write a detailed, life changing blog about how i spent the weekend moving into my grandmother's basement apartment and it will probably include 5 thousand pictures of ziggy my official moving helper because i know how much you guys love it when i take pictures of my dog. just imagine what my blog will become once i have kids.

... 'm reconciled to the idea that 20% of what i say is original, 10% is me quoting myself and then laughing hysterically and 70% is me quoting or requoting a movie or tv show. and then laughing hysterically. okay. so i quote "30 rock" about 5 times a day. not different quotes, the very same quote. 5 times a day. to myself. because there was this one moment in some episode months and months ago where tina fey runs to the airport to apologize to an exboyfriend before he boards his plane and leaves forever but in order to get to him in time she needs to leave her sandwich and more than 3 ounces of dipping sauce at the security check point. what does she do? she stands at the metal detector and scarfs down the sandwich saying, "i can have it all!" and then she runs and finds the boyfriend and yada yada the end. i would link to the scene but youtube is officially useless. here's the entire episode if you've got 20 minutes and you're extremely dedicated to knowing why i'm laughing to myself. about 5 times a day (more on the weekends) i'm faced with a bundle of inane and- in the long run- useless things i want to get done but that conflict with the big and important things i need to get done. the average, normal, rational person would say, "dude, just leave the sandwich behind" but i can't. i can have it all!

... want you to know that i have two hundred thousand things to get done today at work but i wanted to write a blog today.

... can have it all!!

Comments

Kirsten said…
ahh priorities
john said…
Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose brain gets preoccupied with 30 Rock references while trying to work. I googled the lyrics to Werewolf Bar Mitzvah this morning because for some odd reason I couldn't get the song out of my head. That's going to be a fun one to explain if the company ever pulls an internet usage report...
Em said…
You know what? You CAN have it all! I've seen you eat a burrito that way...
Anonymous said…
Kat, under normal circumstances I wouldn't have any idea what you were talking about. But last night I watched my first 3 episodes of 30 rock. That episode was one of them. She only used the dipping sauce once!
Jon said…
Werewolf bar mitzvah was one of the shining pinnacles of season two. Hope the third season is as good as the first.