uhaul, math and photoshop

the good news is that i'm officially moved into my grandmother's basement apartment. the bad news is that three women in one house means no closet space.
it's basic math really...


but the good news is that i'll eventually have the closet to myself.
the bad news is i'll have a closet to myself because carolyn will be moving out.
but the good news is that carolyn will be moving out because she's getting married in january. at least she says she's getting married in january. i can totally see her eloping at some point in the next few months. actually, i haven't seen her in a while...

note. this whole good news/bad news way of telling things has gotten stale. i was listening to the "fiddler on the roof" soundtrack today and was kind of trying to copy the "on the one hand..." thing that tevye does, but i'm not really pulling it off. end of note.

in my short, young life, i've moved about 23 billion times. moving is good for the soul. it makes you reevaluate your priorities. more specifically it forces you to go through your stuff and decide if the sentimental value of an item is enough to warrant its packing, lifting and relocation. weight also factors into it.
it's basic math really...


this move marked an important milestone in my life because this was the first time i've rented a uhaul and a dolly and moved everything in one- i said ONE!- load.
and it rocked my world.
the whole uhaul thing was so momentous i took a picture of myself driving it.

yes, ziggy's on my lap. don't judge me. or, you know, judge me but not too harshly.
it's kind of an odd picture and i'm not sure why. it might be the uhaul euphoria (uhaulephoria) i was experiencing. or it might be the weird camera angle and the fact that i'd been up since 5:30.
you decide.
in any case i tried to fix it in photoshop but just made it freakier.

yikes. where did my nose go?

still, could be freakier...

... i know. now that you've seen this, i'll probably come crawling out of your computer moniter in 7 days to kill you.

wait a sec... okay, check it...

i'm a frank miller movie.

all right, i'm done.

Comments

Leah said…
Oh moving time... it's no fun. You look pretty fly in your uhaul though. I won't judge you for carrying Ziggy on your lap, my brother and sister both drive with their dogs on their laps. I think it's funny.
Em said…
I love Ziggy's nose in picture 3.

I experienced Uhaulephoria when I moved from Tacoma to Renton. It was awesome.

Also the diagram that depicts you, your grandma and Carolyn is really cute... and accurate.
Jay said…
I like the Frank Miller movie.
Lincoln said…
Wait until you drive a U-Haul across state lines.

I laughed out loud at this post. I just thought you should know.
Kirsten said…
or your a wedding photographer.. either way, fun post.