peanut butter oatmeal

approximately 4.625 years ago a day in my life involved packaging candy, then going to school, then doing idiotic art projects for school, then designing stuff for work after school.
for very little money.
and i was eating peanut butter oatmeal twice a day and hanging on by a very tiny thread.
whatever. you know the story. you were there.

it was during this time that my zion's bank boyfriend thought i was two different people. see sometimes i'd be up in the front office at work so i'd be, you know... ahem... showered and when i saw him on these days, my bank boyfriend would be all, "what's up? how you doin'? where do you work? what do you do? are you dating anyone? right on!" and then i'd go home and eat some oatmeal and dream of pricey fresh produce. and hamburgers.
but then, one day i went to the bank after spending the day in back packaging candy and while my bank boyfriend was still courteous, he was extremely professional dare i say distant.
until he saw the company name on my paycheck.
that's when he brightened up and said, "hey! i have a friend who works there! she designs stuff for them. do you know her?"
.
.
.
"... ya... she's awesome."
that is the day i switched banks.

i've got the same thing going on now with my chevron boyfriend and i will tell you why.
on weekends when i'm keeping it real and wearing ironic t-shirts, chevron boyfriend asks me out and gives me essentially worthless stuff for free. but then on weekdays when i'm, you know... ahem... showered he asks me if he can set me up with his friend who really needs to find a nice girl. and i can't help but think about what kind of flinstone style double date i could have with chevron and his friend.

there is most definitely a moral of this story.
i do not know what it is.

Comments

Kirsten said…
now that is totally interesting or totally not interesting... it depends are your showered or not?
Nama said…
i'm sure the moral has something to do with showering...but i'm not sure which state it is better to be in? showered? or unshowered? that is the question...
Heather said…
Kat.

I have the EXACT same relationship with my gas station boyfriend. He lets me have my diet coke for free on Fridays and Saturdays when I am wearing jeans and then asks me if I'd be interested in sharing his open bag of Cheetos with him, but M-Th when I am in my suit and heels he makes me pay for my beverage, sometimes asks me to pay for HIS beverage, and says stuff about how "a classy lady like me should be drinking a latte in the morning."

Does that make us twins? Or quintuplets?
Kimberly said…
Sounds to me like you ought to go to the bank when you've showered, and to Chevron when you haven't. You'd get asked out every day!

Sometimes I wish I had your life. It would be so interesting.
Em said…
I just choose not to shower. that way I don't have to think about the other side of the coin.
Andrew H said…
I'd do almost anything for free Diet Coke.
Anonymous said…
I think the moral of the story is to wear a name tag. That would solve your problems.
Chester B. said…
I once at a 2 lb jar of peanut butter on my mission in two weeks by eating it with oatmeal every chance I got.

Good times.
Matt Guinn said…
Ya, my gas station boyfriend was the same way... wait, did I just say boyfriend? Good, that's what I meant (you can imagine the look I'm giving right now).