whilst purchasing a christmas eve diet coke my chevron boyfriend, who always has something to say to me no matter which incarnation of myself he thinks i am, looked me up and down and said, "you look different today."
"i look different?"
"ya. different."
"different how?"
"i don't know. different."
"... different bad?"
"no!" reassured the homeless man who had jumped out of the dumpster and followed me into the chevron, "not different bad, different great!"
"really?"
"sure!"
"okay. thanks. happy holidays."

and all i'm saying is that a guy who was rummaging through garbage needed to reassure me that i'm pretty.


what is wrong with me?

Comments

Leah said…
At least your 3 year old nephew doesn't whip out a comb every time he sees you. Seriously, is my hair that bad?
Anonymous said…
You should have whipped out a head shot and signed an autograph for your adoring fans. I think it's what they deserve.
Lincoln said…
What's wrong with you? You're getting older and uglier.