joseph

a couple nights ago, i was laying on my couch reading a book, when who should come to my door but joseph. yay!!!
oh wait. you can't be excited until i explain who joseph is. joseph is this little 9 year old boy who wears a little tuxedo and talks like he's 37. he used to always go door to door and sell roses to earn enough money to go to gymnastics camp.
sometimes he would hang out in my apartment with my friends and me for a couple of hours and then i would remember that he wasn't one of my friends, he was a little 9 year old boy selling roses really late at night. and then i would ask him where his mom was and he would say that she was in the car waiting for him, and then i would tell him that he should probably go home.
eventually he stopped coming around. but then...
a couple of nights ago, i was laying on my couch reading a book, when who should come to my door but joseph!
yay!!!
only this time he was selling bookmarks to earn enough money to buy a banjo for the blue grass band his family's starting.
ok. i get that something weird is going on. this poor little street urchin's wandering around selling colored pieces of paper at 11 o'clock at night. but joseph is so cute. he can do flips and he just finished reading the book "shilo" and he dressed up as the cowardly lion for halloween. just because his stories kept on changing it doesn't mean anything, right?