it's tradition

my favorite class this semester is my "color theory" class. mostly because of the title.
but also because of my teacher who's only a few years older than me and slightly resembles eartha kitt. earlier in the semester i was talking to her before class and she described the family reunion she'd just come from. or as she liked to call it... her "traditional family rodeo".
apparently "traditional" stands for "animals not included". where most families would quit, her family proudly rodeos on. they have a calf tying event where the boys are the horses, the girls are the cowboys, and the young children are the calves.
... think about it.
and of course the big event is bull riding which could be more appropriately termed "extreme piggy back riding".
in my estimation there's no form of entertainment to match the traditional family rodeo.
none.
unless you take into account an actual rodeo.
or maybe one of my family's thanksgiving dinners. now that's entertainment.