thanksgiving 2003

this thanksgiving was possibly the least dysfunctional my family has ever had. ever.
which is all well and good, but doesn't make for good story telling.
although...
my grandmother and great aunt did ask carolyn and i to teach them how to hip hop dance, which we did.
my crazy cousin did ask me to work for him at his landscaping company. heading up a team of "20 or so mexicans".
oh and he also cornered me in the kitchen at one point with a knife saying, "you know why you'll never win? because you have fear. and fear is the enemy." to which i shouted, "no! YOU are the enemy!" and slipped out and hid behind my very large father.
oh! and my other crazy cousin (my crazy cousin's brother) told me that if he ever caught me drinking beer, he'd punch my teeth out.
i told him i'd cut down.

and of course there was the endless barrage of questions about my not marriedness/barrenness/failure as a mormon womanness.

but that's old news.
i can't wait for the day they give up hope and leave me alone.

Comments