it's a whole new season

september 1st is my new year.
cuz that's when school starts and that's when my birthday is and yada yada yada.
and more importantly, it's the start of a new tv season.

any tv show worth anything, knows that the first episode of the season needs to be entirely expositional because it has to catch me up with everything that has happened since i saw it last. and that exposition will somehow end up driving the story line for the rest of the season.

real life seems to parallel that. every september i meet new people or remeet old people and our conversation is entirely expositional. because we need to catch each other up on the random little details that will somehow drive our plotlines for the rest of the season.

so happy new year everyone!
might i suggest spending new year's eve working on your upcoming expositional monologues, really making them shine.
because they're going to set the tone for the rest of your season.
no pressure.

Comments

barnesanova said…
ironically you write this as i too consider changes. becoming a triathlete. considering a new tattoo. becoming 'power barnesanova... my assault on the world begins now'. going to work and trying to excel rather than deliver.

i too know the power of september.

happy birthday kat.
Andrew H said…
And September is when I get to really start enjoying my plasma screen! So happy birthday ME!
Jay said…
My 'Kat New Year' resolution is to not die from this "year's" homeworkload.

Also to drink more water.
Cracka Chips said…
I think for my new year I'm going to get my palm read. Who wants to come?
Erika said…
Jay: homeworkload is a new word. I like it.

Kat, you just wanted us to know it was your birthday didn't you? Well, happy birthday. Serious.
Kimberly said…
My Kat New Year's resolution: get a date. I'm taking Nessa's advice and going shopping some time soon--I think a few new outfits will help. Also, I am wearing makeup religiously.
Nama said…
i second jay's resolution and add to it that i will not only not die but not kill myself.

and eat more fruit.
Em said…
i'm worried about my upcoming expositional monologue. is there any way i can make going to class, doing hours and hours of homework, finishing my practicum, drinking gallons of coke and having no time for play sound cooler? maybe if i put it into a rap, "in the ghetto of renton, born and raised..."

i got nothin'
Leah said…
I ate a lot of veggies today. It's like my Resolutions from January are finding being resolved.
barnesanova said…
all this talk about homework is making me feel old. crap.
Heather said…
my goal for this year is to figure out what a expositional monologue is because I haven't had time for a sit-com in a while.
Kirsten said…
"sometimes when adults say forever, what they really mean is a really long time."

Kat I think you and I should party, I can't remeber if I have your number, so email it to me if you feel so inclined eddiethegirl@gmail.com