phunky

yesterday was a bad day.

the specifics of which aren't important.
although... you know... bad days always seem to follow the same pattern. they start out disguised as an "any other day you might have" kind of day... lulling you into a false sense of security with their any-other-dayness. and there are always a few ups that mingle in with the ego bruises and second guessing and worrisome phone calls, so it's not until you're lying in bed at 2 a.m. with your eyes wide open that you realize that you've just had
one
.
bad
.
day.

but what i really hate is how a bad day sticks with you. you wake up the next morning feeling sluggish and "knot-in-your-stomach"ish. and then 2 seconds later you remember why.
and you think to yourself, "whatever. that was yesterday. i'm fine today." but then you see yourself snapping at the gas station attendant kid because your 32 cent tuesday's diet coke cost 62 cents due to new ownership. you see yourself glaring at your computer moniter at work. you see yourself rejoice in the fact that it's rainy because otherwise you would think that mother nature is mocking you.
you see yourself doing all of this.
and that's when you realize that you are in what the great poets* have described as a funk.

or maybe it's just me.

*including but not limited to the black eyed peas.**
** although they would probably call it "a phunk".

Comments

Andrew H said…
The moon and stars were doing something phunky yesterday, cause it happened to me too!
barnesanova said…
see, do-overs, big time good stuff. it's back to school time and although i'll be a whopping 31 in december (did i say that?!?!), i still feel like a complete reset this time of year. i can smell the mulch, i want new jeans that the chicks are sure to dig, i feel like buying books full of useless facts, and want a really cool new pen which is sure to lead me to straight A's this semester.

say funk the phunk and call a do-over. moody bastard that i am does it every day.
Jena said…
Would action help? I know a guy.
Heather said…
You think you had a bad day...that Black Eye Peas girl wet herself on stage and the entire universe has photos of it.

That's a bad day.
barnesanova said…
you know heather, it's funny, after seeing that picture, i wondered whether it was pee, or more likely just sweat. and the sad part is, i don't know which is worse.
Erika said…
Well, I was having a good day until I read your blog and realized that it's Tuesday and not Wednesday like I thought it was.

Dang.
Nama said…
oh kat, the "funk" is due to the fact that you didn't "shower" yesterday morning, and THAT'S what threw your day off.
Leah said…
I was a raving lunatic yesterday! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
Kimberly said…
My day was retarded yesterday too!!
Em said…
I had a funk week. I've been funking it up all over the place. But the Friendship Fort may be just what I needed to pull myself out of it. Thanks!
Jay said…
Monday sucked as well. But Tuesday was ok because I spent the majority of the day playing 1985's 'Gauntlet' on my PS2 till late into the night . . .11pm for me.

Was it worth it ?!? Of course, I got to level 101. I have a sneeking suspicion that that game never ends. I think it was written to keep generating random levels in different colors with no story line and no boss at the end. Genius for 1985.
Ben said…
I can see that yesterday was a Universal Bad Day. I myself had one too, as did a wazillion people I know.
Erika said…
won't you take me to
a phunky town?