san fran

i got home from my trip to san francisco late tuesday night, and i think because i'm so used to hearing people who get home from trips say, "it's a great place to visit, but i could never live there" i've gotten into the habit of deciding on the drive/flight home whether or not i could live in the place i just visited.

i loved san fran.
and let me tell you why. in short, simple phrases.
urban outfitters.
china town.
kate.
the wharf.
asia sf.

and yes, the drivers there were maniacal at best and i had a near death experience in a cab...
... but i like walking.
and yes, there were a lot of creepy old men who in one instance wouldn't let me out of the hotel elevator because they wanted me to go up to the starlight room with them and in another instance said things like, "you're just my size"...
... but i don't think you can blame dirty old men on one city because last night at 7/11 a 37 year old man i like to refer to as "mr. creeperson" kept on kissing my hand and calling me "blondey".

to sum up, i had me a grand old time.
but when people ask me, "so... could you live there?" i have to say "no. no i couldn't."
because of one very specific reason.
that i don't tell people.
because they would laugh at me.
but i'm going to tell you.
right now.
even though you will laugh at me.
i would never move to san francisco,
because my hair would never be the same.


stupid humidity! why dost thou torment me so??

Comments

Kirsten said…
haha my hair changes in CA too. you have to relearn how to do your hair everywhere you go.
barnesanova said…
i have too many comments on this picture. perhaps one day, you'll hear them.
Andrew H said…
Please vow right now to never let Jacob see you like that. He will be afraid. As am I.
Jay said…
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back the Big Hair !!!!!
You are already well on your way to having a kick @$$ 80's metal band.
Carolyn said…
I went to Urban Outfitters last weekend. My hair's gotten used to the humidity out here and now does the opposite by freaking out when I go to Utah.
Em said…
My hair loves the humidity. And it's never been mistaken as blonde. And it loves Pantene. Especially the Pro V part.
Ben said…
RRRgh. At least somebody got to go to SF. Grumble, grumble.
Nama said…
ha! i hate humidity, too. i think there's a picture just like that of a young nama with no hair-care experience. stupid tejas...
Ann-Marie said…
i love the big hair! and i'm excited to see how it reacts on our trip in a few weeks!!
Cracka Chips said…
i remember when we took that picture. who's fro was the biggest?
Lincoln said…
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Jon said…
Bringing back the happy hair.
Tiff said…
Yeah - I figured out my hair finally after 3 1/2 months in DC. ... 3 weeks later I moved back to Utah. Doh!
Jon said…
I just can't help feeling like this is another advantage to being a guy.
Chester B. said…
When Steve, Jay, and I went to SF, we met a creepy old man whom Steve and Jay befriended.

He referred to me as a nickname that shall not be referenced here...

SF is full of those guys.