for the love

we interrupt our normally scheduled blogcasting for this very special message from our queen, our liege, and our blogtator... um... me. kat.

i am having a bad. day.

i have officially made three, fairly large mistakes in the last 6 hours. i flaked a press-check at one of our printers, forgot to make the christmas label chart, and messed up the friggin' (yes, i said "friggin". i didn't think "friggin", but that's what i'm writing and that's what i'm remaining loyal to) payroll. what's that rosalie? you wanted a paycheck? well, sorry. you can't have it.
because i am an idiot.

now, i also had trouble counting to 10 ("6 boxes plus 4 boxes. so, eight! wait. that's not right..."), made a fool of myself while trying to speak spanish to one of our temps ("catorce y trece quatro... um... treintayquatro... um... thirty-four... so, uh, como se llama?"), and tipped over a pile of sales orders.
and the easter label ideas i sent to our biggest customer? oh ya. they were rejected because the colors were too muted. so i have to redo them.

basically, i suck.

this is why i will not be writing about how i got my hair done and i went to someone new and i felt like i was cheating on my regular stylist.
that story will have to wait for another day.

because i am an idiot.

ok. rant ended.

Comments

Jay said…
Oh yeah, well...
I can't get a client Windows computer to add to my Windows Server 2003 DNS domain. I have my Active Directory running, my DNS Scope is Active, the DHCP is Enabled.

I set the DNS to a static IP address, Subnet, Gateway and DNS IP.

I even got my group Policy setting right, my new user created, and my Organization Group set. BUT STILL...I can't get the client to accept the Domain.

Basically, I SUCK and I am the Idiot !!!! I can't even do a Server configuration.

(i need more mountain dew)
Nama said…
oh, kat.

next time you see me, i will have boughten a big bag of dove dark chocolate. and as we sit around in our pajamas watching 'steel magnolias' and crying our eyes out, you'll have forgotten all about the fact that i ate the entire bag by myself before you even got here.
Em said…
I had a bad day too. we're bad day twins! did that make you feel better? me either.
Andrew H said…
Kat, we all love you!
Chester B. said…
I'll say what I always do in situations like this, "Blame it on the rain."

Or Rio?
kat said…
i decided since i'm going to get fired, maybe i should find a new career...
"Kathryn, you're a Cruise Director!
If it weren't for guiding lights like you, the world would be a bunch of lost souls and automatons, carrying on the daily grind without any cheer or direction. Thank goodness you're around. Your stellar interpersonal skills and compassionate ear for the troubles and life experiences of others makes you a godsend when the going gets tough. And since you're especially smooth at working with groups, your listening skills and wisdom are best when called in to sort out a conflict or lead an open discussion. Consider yourself the soul doctor to the world—it's your true work personality.
Who's like you:
Oprah Winfrey
Likely careers:
Talk show host, HR director, news anchor, teacher, spiritual leader, socialite"
Ben said…
Also, I told Qwest the 29th, not the 27th, and so they're going to hook up Salt Lake Office's phones two days after they move in, and I went the wrong way on 215 and got lost, and I had some problems much like the young man with the server, and I forgot to pick up a laptop. We all suck here. That's bad.