let me entertain you

so... i'm supposed to be translating ingredient information into french, and you wouldn't believe how confusing it is.
and also boring.
actually, you guys seem pretty sympathetic. i bet you'd totally believe translating junk like "modified corn starch" and "carnauba wax" into french is mind numbing for multiple reasons.
thanks. you're always there for me.

anyways... ya, i don't speak french.
at all.
and i'm pretty sure i had a dream like this once.
not in a good way like martin luther king jr and the musical "gypsy".
in the "nightmare on elm street" my job is so diabolically dull it's trying to kill me in my sleep kind of a way.

so, naturally i've been goofing around a lot on the internet- imdb-ing, google-ing, and wikihow-ing (thus far i've learned how to shoot a free throw (just remember balance, elbow, eyes, and follow through (or beef)) and how to join the amish). that is, i've been goofing around on the internet when i'm not trying to avoid the 19 year old who's tried to get me to go out with him every day this week.

i guess what i'm really trying to say is...
my life is strange.

and i hate my job.

Comments

Em said…
Sorry I can't help you with the whole French thing. But the next time you need ingredients translated into sign language for your labels... I'm there for you!
kat said…
that reminds me, i also learned how to ask out a deaf person.
Nama said…
just put a -eaux ending on everything. they'll never know the difference.
barnesanova said…
how to ask out a deaf person? there's a technique? never would have considered that.

salle de bain!
girlzoot said…
Strangely I'm fascinated with the idea of joining the Amish. I don't think I would, but I find the idea fascinating.
Anonymous said…
can i get an amen?
Ann-Marie said…
there's a part time librarian position open at provo. you would get $13.56 (i think that's what it is listed as) an hour... the position closes next monday!
Kirsten said…
dude ... that sux and you know what. they shoudl really care about asking people who really speak french to translate b/c I bought this imported drink from china the other day and their grammer was wrong and I couldn't help but think... "silly chinese." and you know if it's some french person reading it, they would think something more like, "stupid americans, they don't know any language but english. I MEAN EVERYBODY knows how to say modified corn starch in french."

oh if they get really stuck, I have a friend from paris who would probably be willing to do any annoying thing like that for a few bucks.
Chester B. said…
You should make all of your translations really pro-american...
Like carnuba wax could be something like "le waxe de freedom."

or not.