it's a long way to the top

my futon bed is on the verge of collapsing.
i figure i can blame it on 1. the craftsmanship said craftsman being me, 2. my girth which proved too massive for welded steel, or 3. fate. dirty, dirty fate.

ah fate, the best scapegoat of all.

what with my bed's delicate state, i've been sleeping very lightly which basically means i've been having very vivid dreams. very vivid and very mundane dreams which do little more than confuse me when my alarm goes off because didn't i already get up and go to work today, and why did that kid from my apartment complex 2 years ago call me up to tell me about his cataract surgery, and did i really have a bickering match with my best friend from 6th grade, and... oh crap... i slept in.

Comments

Nama said…
my best friend dreamed once that she saw jerry lewis meet a tragic end in a craft-matic adjustable bed when both the end and head came together and squished him.

but that totally won't happen to you.
Jay said…
My bed has been a mattress put on the floor. I like it. It saves me money, it confirms my ability to still pull myself off the floor, and if it broke, I would probably end up dead from falling through a floor (not the first time that's happened to me, the falling through a floor part, not the dead part) so there really wouldn't be a reason for me to get mad, you know, cause I would be dead.
Lincoln said…
Don't you have the same futon/bed I do...from Wal-Mart. If true, I'd blame them. Mine sucks and I want to rid myself of it.
Spliz said…
hey, I keep having incredibly prosaic dreams, too! dreams where I go to the grocery store to buy milk. Or dreams where I get up in the middle of the night to feed the baby, and then the baby wakes up to eat, and I'm like, 'hey, we just did this!'

...i didn't say it was going to be an interesting comment.
Leah said…
If you take Benadryl before bed, you'll have weird dreams. Truly. That is all.
Chester B. said…
Grease bullet!

Oh, crap, too slow...
Em said…
My dreams are wiggety wack. Not the regular type.