brainburnt

i'm not good at my job today.
but i like totally have a good excuse...
...
my job is hard.

okay, ya, you're right, it's not.
but it's harder than it looks.
yes, i know it looks super easy but i'm saying it's a slightly harder brand of easy than it looks.
geez. get off my back.

the essence of my job sans payroll, catalogues, kosher research, high school history projects, is this...


behold! the candy label.
an 8 inch by 2 inch rectangle waiting to be filled with ingredients and nutrition and enough cute cutesyness to make people want to spend their money on candy instead of overpriced gasoline.
i've made roughly 20 bajillion candy labels through the years and i am brainfrozen and heartburnt.

read on.
it took me approximately 32 years to make a bunch of monster lab themed halloween labels.
they mostly centered around a mad scientist who i believe spends the majority of his day walking up to things and saying, "what you talkin' 'bout, willis?"


and as much as i welcome rejection and criticism lie from those around me, and as easy going as i fancy myself not a lie. i really am convinced i "go with the flow", and as much as i don't mind a line of candy labels which i have spent infinity + 1 hours working on being unceremoniously cut sarcasm...
i'm just saying that eventually the day will be mine and these labels will be used.
somehow.
someday.
somewhere.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I still love the elephant droppings labels. They were beautiful.
Lincoln said…
I don't see why they've been rejected. I like them. Screw the powers that be and use them!
Nama said…
that label is adorable. screw the "people" who "made" the "decision" to "cute" these "labels." i'll find a way/reason/season to put them to use. somehow...someway.
Ben said…
One day the pictured monster will do your bidding by exacting revenge upon those fiends. Friggin' sweet.
Em said…
Was I your inspiration for the short genius???
Kirsten said…
i've only taken one graphic design class and I feel your pain. only I am sure your pain is more.

your job is hard.