dizzy

i leave for boston tomorrow. on a jet plane.
don't know when i'll... whatever, i'll be back thursday night.

it's a work trip which means the last couple weeks of preparation have been dizzying, and i've no complaint about the dizzy but i've been noticing it leaking into my personal life* which i will not tolerate.
firstly, my hair today is staying up in a bun without aid or apparatus. just my hair. defying gravity.
furthermore, i have a tiny scratch on my finger which might be slightly infected and i have yet to go around the factory telling everyone i have hepatitis.
or syphilis.
and to conclude, a drifter followed me around shopko saturday and when he asked me for a light, i dutifully checked my pockets. you know, because maybe i had an emergency lighter on me and just hadn't realized it. you never know when you might have to light a candle or burn through some ropes or prevent a drifter from killing you because nobody in f-ing utah has a f-ing light for some f-ing weed!

my dad and i had a bubble blowing contest with the bubble tape six feet of bubblegum for you... not them i bought while avoiding the drifter.
i'm pretty sure there were no winners.

*term applied loosely.

Comments

meagan said…
I thought vomit-inducing amounts of chewing gum was only one of those horrifying hoops you have to jump through on the way to marriage.

Sheesh, can't a single girl get a break?
Ann-Marie said…
your life is so exciting!
Nama said…
sometimes, i wish i had your life.

other times, i don't.

enjoy boston! be sure to bring some bubble tape just in case.
Anonymous said…
You know, if you had a handgun, you would have never been bothered by that man.

Just a thought.
Ben said…
Your dad's
never been
to a heavy metal concert...
and the rest of that awful Bubble Tape commercial. Guess you proved them wrong, at least about the bubble tape--unless your dad has been to a heavy metal concert, in which case I stand corrected.
Leah said…
Business trips are cool. They've become my way of life. I'm finding that it's usually hard to sleep on the first night... just be prepared. And take a little something from home... like photos of your dog,(or sneak him in your suitcase) it helps. Have fun!
Erika said…
Note to self: Don't ask Kat for a light.
Kirsten said…
apperently you feel strongly. Maybe you should have bought him a lighter.