musical

the movie version of "mama mia" is coming out this summer and there is reason colin firth upon reason pierce brosnan why i'm looking forward to it. i wish i were in greece. not to be confused with "grease"- a different musical for a different time.
this is a musical i know very little about. i've never seen it, never listened to the soundtrack, i don't even know the plot. in fact, the only thing i've ever known about it is it's
pure
abba.
translation: i am so on board.

during the commute this morning, the song "where is my mind" by the pixies came on and i thought to myself, "i would totally put this into a broadway musical." and then the drifting off part of my brain took over and the result is this... when i finally produce my big broadway hit "itunes: 99 cents + tax" it will include the following hit numbers:

"where is my mind?" the pixies
"last goodbye" jeff buckley
"the way you make me feel" michael jackson
"jonathon fisk" spoon
"sirènes de la fête" brazilian girls
"fuel" metallica
"history repeating" shirley bassey/propellerheads
"hitchin' a ride" greenday
and some sort of earth, wind and fire finale.

the drifting off part of my brain is kind of messed up.
i don't even know that any of these songs are my favorites, but the thought of turning them into book numbers with jazz hands and sequins and a possible act 2 reprise... well, it fills me with glee.
sick, sad glee.

i don't know what the plot would be because i had to get off the freeway and the road rage part of my brain took over.

Comments

matt said…
metallica makes everything better. even broadway.
Nama said…
love gone wrong? anarchy? hot dancing? death & destruction? this was limitless potential!
Heather said…
I love musicals. I'll admit it. And I've seen "Mamma Mia." It was pretty good, but really, how could anything with Abba be bad?

It's like saying you hate puppies.

Mainly my question is this, how has "Dirty Dancing" NOT been made into a musical already?

Also, if Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans" doesn't belong in a show, then I don't know what does.
Ben said…
I'd give my eye-teeth to see this. Not that they're worth much, and certainly you couldn't use them as legal tender, but yeah. They may come out anyway once Jonathon starts talking with his fists, as he is wont to do.
Anonymous said…
I wonder when the rapper 50 Cent's musical will come out.