is it any wonder i'm like this?

some glimpses into the people that i love...

my dad...
dad: hello honey.
me: hi daddy.
dad: where have you been?
me: school.
dad: oh. when do you apply for college?
me: i've been in college for over 3 years. i live in provo now.
dad: you do?
me: uh hu.
dad: that's nice.

my grandmother...
g-ma: what have you done to your hair now?
me: ummm... combed it?
g-ma: why do you dye your hair? you had such pretty hair.
me: ok.
g-ma: dye ruins your hair.
me: it's hair.
g-ma: do you want to ruin your hair?
me: i guess so.

my roommates...
me: my dog was the smartest dog ever.
em: what?
liz: you're a freak!
me: no, you are!
em: i wish you weren't such a liar.
me: i can't believe that you hate animals.
liz: i don't, you freak.
em: ya... i just wish you weren't such a liar.

my bestfriend...
kate: i broke up with vince.
me: oh no.
kate: ya... and he didn't even buy me a break up present.
me: ummm... didn't you dump him?
kate: yes. but it was really hard for me. he could've at least sent flowers.

my sister...
carolyn: you're friends with that guy?
me: um... ya.
carolyn: and you talk to him?
me: yep.
carolyn: that's great.
me: ok.
carolyn: it makes me so happy to see my little sister making it here in provo.
me: ... ya... gives me the chills just thinking about it.

my leencohney...
lincoln: hey there.
me: i'm sorry, were you talking? because i wasn't listening.
linco: brat.
me: jerk
linco: shrew.
me: moron.
linco: spinster.
me: lunatic.
linco: ...good times.
me: heehee.

my mom...
me: i broke up with the guy i was dating.
mom: you were dating someone?!
me: yes.
mom: really?!?!
me: yes.
mom: why aren't you dating him anymore?
me: i don't know.
mom: oh.
me: i guess... well... he likes to "humble" me all the time.
mom: humble you? what does that mean?
me: he tells me what's wrong with me.
mom: he can't do that! the next time he tries to, you tell him that it's not his job to humble you.
me: ok.
mom: it's my job.

my pal james...
james: are you emotionally attached to me?
me: hu?...umm...yes?
james: like in that movie with that girl who's in "clueless"?
me: alicia silverstone?
james: yes. in that movie where she's crazy.
me: oh... nope. gotta say, i'm not obsessed with you.
james: oh.
me: sorry... why? are you obsessed with me?
james: no.
me: looks like our relationship is stalker free.
james: yep.
me: yay.

Comments