swatch watch

i bought a really cool new watch today.
it reminds me of the watch i had in 4th grade. the watch my mom bought for me because i felt i'd matured past my swatch watch.
i was a fickle child.
in 3rd grade i thought my swatch watch was the coolest thing ever. it was a pink miniature volkswagon bug and to see what time it was you would push a little button and the hood would flip up.
it made me what i am today.
yet i was so cavalier about throwing it way. i threw away my pink volkswagon swatch watch without blinking an eye because my new watch had a light making it possible to tell time at night. that was a watch more befitting a 4th grader. wearing that new watch and my neon orange slap bracelet, i held my trapper keeper tightly, and i knew i was grown up.
not just grown up, i was unstoppable.

Comments