i'll have what she's having

being a huge cinema buff, i have the luxury of being able to connect every aspect and thought of my life to some sort of movie quote. it takes the pressure off of having to produce original thoughts and conversation...

sally: look, there is no point in my going out with someone i might really like if i met him at the right time but who right now has no chance of being anything to me but a transitional man.

marie: okay, okay. but don't wait too long. do you remember david warsaw? his wife left him, and everyone said, give him some time, don't move in too fast, and six months later he was dead.

sally: what are you saying? i should marry someone right away in case he's about to die?

alice: at least you can say you were married.

marie: i'm saying the right man for you might be out there right now and if you don't grab him, someone else will and you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that someone else is married to your husband.*

*this is one of my favorite parts of "when harry met sally" after the sally: "and i'm going to be forty!" harry: "when?" sally: "some day." harry: "in 8 years!" scene** and it's also eerily similar to the dinner conversation i have with my mother and grandmother.

**and, of course, the resturant scene.

**it's also eerily similar to the dinner conversation i have with my mother and grandmother.

Comments

Kimberly said…
So that's what happened to my future husband! I moved too slow and he's already dead. Thanks Kat. Now I know I can marry someone else's husband.
Cracka Chips said…
Kat this sounds like a totally average dinner conversation over me. Around the table I see former YW Presidents, teacher and dear friends who all at some point in the past 5 years or so have all question when and to whom would i wed.
Em said…
When I was twelve I wanted to marry JTT. As far as I know he's not married. Or dead.
Jay said…
Em, a couple years ago, you would have had to duke it out with my sister. She had a thing for JTT also. I can't tell you how many of his movies I saw. It's something I don't talk about too much because it was a painful stage that she went through that I suffered for.
Leah said…
Em, I think you should go find him.
Erika said…
There was a rumor that JTT was mormon.