weezey

yesterday i turned on the radio and weezer's "sweater song" came on... or so i thought.
after 20 seconds of gleeful singing at the top of my lungs...
"if you want to deeestroy my sweater woh-oo-woh-oo-wOh pull this thread as i walk away as i walk awaeeay!..."
i realized that, hey, this isn't the sweater song, it's "beverly hills". my beloved "sweater song" has been dressed up in 2005 trendyness, sold it's soul, had it's heart ripped out, and has been passed off as a new weezer hit.
apparently weezer, having run the full spectrum of possible hit songs, has decided to start from the beginning.
if they tear apart the "buddy holly" song, i'm totally taking them off the favorite music portion of my profile.

losers.

Comments

Jay said…
I think they've taken the John Williams approach to hit making.
Erika said…
I too enjoy the sweater song. My sister-in-law's father thinks it's about sex. Really it's about the sweater. But I do also enjoy the beverly hills song. Maybe because it does sound like the sweater song. There is no ooooOOOOooo's in the Beverly Hills song though.
Nama said…
dear weezer,

you have broken my heart. i will go listen to Pinkerton now and think back on the good times.

nama
Em said…
They did WHAT? No... not the sweater song. First Pizza Pipeline gets taken over by an American-pants-wearing-Pie" and now Weazer's sold it's Sweater Soul to trendyness of '05?? WHY? Why have they forsaken me??
Heather said…
Hey..

I like it.
Carolyn said…
the song i hate most of all right now is the "whisper song"...it's a stupid rap song that is, get this...whispered...but unfortunately it's not whispered quietly enough because you can still hear the stupid lyrics, which consist of one sentence..."wait till you see my...oohh"...your what?!! really big mole? secret handshake? lucky rabbit's foot?
Kirsten said…
I hate the song beverly hills.
Kirsten said…
but they have some othere stuff on the "make believe" album I dig.
couldge said…
I'm a huge weezer fan. Although I didn't really like Beverly Hills when I first heard it awhile ago it's grown on me. I don't think it sounds anything like the Sweater Song or I might have liked it more. The other songs on the Make Believe Album, however, are incredible. I love it, and I'm glad I bought it.