flights of fancy

i fancy myself a moderately healthy person.
and by that i mean that i think to myself, "heh, i should so not be eating this" as i shove yet another parmisan cheese pretzel into my mouth.

i fancy myself a moderately active person.
and by that i mean that i think to myself, "heh, i should so be outside doing something" as i lay on my couch and watch "simpsons".

i fancy myself a moderately reasonable person.
and by that i mean that i think to myself, "heh, i should so not be freaking out about this" as i pretend to talk on my cell phone so i can leave a room crammed full of my awkwardness and sit in a random bedroom and spend a half hour organizing some playing cards i found on the dresser.

a part of me realizes that what i want to be and what i am are two very different things.
which is why i'm sincerely glad that the bigger part of me... is delusional.

Comments

Jay said…
'Heh, Health. . .Action. . .Reason. . .A jedi craves not these things!'
barnesanova said…
welcome to my world.
Andrew H said…
I fancy myself a HARD WORKING person, by which I mean, I manage lots of other people who work hard so surely their hard workingness SURELY must rub off on me and allow me to NOT work so hard.
Kirsten said…
what were you doing in a random bedroom?
Chester B. said…
It's the little wake-up calls every now and again that make life so dang fun.
Nama said…
ha! oh kat...
Erin said…
Yeah ... me too.
Leah said…
For all your moderation, my adoration for you is more than moderate. You're my idol.
Jay said…
If there were a theme song for this post, it would be Twisted Sister's "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT !!!!"
Em said…
i fancy myself a moderately social person. and by that i mean that i think to myself, "i should call my friends and go do something" as i sit on my couch and watch everybody loves raymond on dvd.
Andrew H said…
PINK is your signature color Kat!
Ben said…
No, actually I disagree with Jay. I think a Jedi still craves action.
Jay said…
Obviously, really-me, if that IS your real name, you haven't been to a comic book convention in a galaxy not so long ago and not so very far away and seen the jedi that make their presence known.

That other galaxy is just to far to go to.
Jay said…
I think our galaxy got all the second and third string Jedi.
Tiff said…
Congratulations.
I find similar traits in myself.

Oh, and I miss you.