driven

i am what the great thinkers of the world call...
a list maker.
i think it's because i'm not an especially driven person. i want to be driven but unfortunately i am what the great thinkers of the world call..
lazy.

so i make lists. millions of lists.
"to do" lists of every shape, color, and size.
some of them long term, some of them short term, and some of them in between term.
serious lists, flippant lists, surreal lists.
i make lists. billions of lists!
because every once in a while after i actually do some of the stuff on the list, i get to sit on my couch and watch vh1 without the usual nagging guilty feeling.

i cherish those moments.

which is why i will continue to make lists. trillions of lists!
inane lists written on post it notes and scattered in my room and on my desk and in my purse and on the dashboard of my car...
and odds are that at some point during the day i'll be able to check something off.
and that, my friends, is a very good feeling!

Comments

Nama said…
note to self: kidnap kat's "lists" and turn them into nama notes...
Em said…
Em's List:
Get to work on time - check
Read Kat's blog - check
Solve world hunger
Do laundry
Watch Gilmore Girls
Watch House
Make a sandwich

So far so good...
Ben said…
Ah, a kindred listmaking spirit. I usually just make playlists, but the temptation to just list things (to do or otherwise is a strong one...

also the login word is fjuohwgs, who I'm pretty sure is related to fhqwhgads.
Lincoln said…
Lincoln's List:
1. Stay single for next 5 years
2. Marry Kathryn when she's 30.
3. Stay married but sleep with other people.

The End
Jon said…
I'll never understand lists.
Leah said…
To Do:
Try to figure out your mom's fatness...
Rach said…
I write to-do lists where the first half of the list consists of items I've already done, just to make myself feel better. Then I lose the list and forget the rest of the items. That works until I find the list a few days later and realize they were actually things that needed to be done. Yesterday.