family tree

my mother's mother's father immigrated to the u.s. from sweden about 50 billion years ago.
if there is one thing i believe, it's that nothing is more important than undestanding who our ancestor's were and where they came from, because it is their influence and not the touch and feel of cotton that make up the fabric of our lives.
for example, because of my swedish mother's mother's father, i pronounce "ya" as "yaw".
and i'm the poster child for passive aggression.
because if there is one thing i believe, it's that you should never admit to being annoyed or angry with someone. no matter what. in fact, you should probably never admit to being annoyed or angry with anything. whether animate or no.
for example, i keep track of the books i read in my journal and i rate them on a scale from1-4 stars so that in the future i'll know which ones are worth reading again. however, i've yet to give a book less than 3 stars because that would seem harsh.
and even though i vowed to take the black eyed peas off the "favorite music" portion of my profile the next time i heard "my humps", when the time came i couldn't do it.
because if there is one thing i believe, it's that "let's get it started" is one of the best dance party songs in the history of the world. and those who have a love of "the dance" need to show loyalty to good dance songs in the continuing effort to stomp out the lame ones.
for example, we should twist and shout, beat it, and fight for our right to party as often as possible.
otherwise we'll be overrun with oops i did it agains and my milkshake bringing boys to the bar.
and if there is one thing i believe, it's that songs like that make my swedish mother's mother's father roll over in his grave.

Comments

barnesanova said…
if i ever met a girl with a milkshake, i think i'd run away. just my opinion.

and LASTLY...
let's not forget...
come baby come;
slam;
rumpshaker;
jump around;
you're the one that i want;
the way you make me feel;
and the ULTIMATE in white-man-dance classics... the heart of rock and roll
Jon said…
I'm still confused at the meaning of milkshake. Do I want to know?
Anonymous said…
HAHAhAhAHA, the best blog ever
Nama said…
wow, i think you win the award for "most random and disconnected blog of the day"...

but lastly...
LET'S GET IT STARTED, HUH!
Ben said…
Also "Jump Around".
Chester B. said…
You can't forget such classics from the "homeland" as Dancing Queen and Super Trouper.
Em said…
i wanna dance with somebody! i wanna feel the HEAT with somebody! YAW! I wanna dance with sombody. With somebody who loves me!
Leah said…
Lets Get It Started was my ringtone for a long time. I think I need to change it back.
Jon said…
It's Finland vs. Sweden for the Gold Medal in Hockey. I'm pretty sure all passive-aggressiveness on both sides will be overcome on the ice. Hockey's just like that.
Anonymous said…
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Kirsten said…
ah the carefree art of the dance... let it always stay near and dear to our hearts
Rach said…
Does any one else think "Since U Been Gone" needs to be stomped out?