subject: radio silence

dear "all the unanswered emails in my inbox",

i am very(1) busy(2) and important(3).

love, kat.



1. please read: "kind of"(17)

2. please read: "bored"(6)

3. please read: "defeated"(4)

4. and i'll tell you why. my job is a nightmare(5).

5. no surprise there, though. am i right(7)?

6. no surprise there, though. am i right?

7. in fact, i know it frustrates many of you(8) to hear me constantly(10) whining(12) about how i hate my job(16).

8. because i never do anything to fix it.

9. because i really only have one point to make. do you know what doesn't get rid of a headache? i do. 11 mini donuts.

10. oh my gosh though, the office manager girl here is killing me with all of her "annoying beyond the telling of it" character traits and if she asks me one more time if i've finished the private label truffle pricesheet somebody is going to have to remove all the sharp objects(11) from my office because i swear on my newly completed joss whedon collection i will throw something at her.

11. and probably all the blunt objects too.

12. because really, it's not like i'm saving the universe, or ending world hunger. i'm, you know, making 2" x 8" candy labels(13).

13. a girl(15) on friday glanced at one of my labels and said, "um, no offense, but couldn't anybody do this(14)?"

14. probably. yes.

15. let(18)'s call her "bob".

16. so let me assure you of my dedication to not turn this whole light hearted romp in footnotey territory into an infamous vent event(9).

17. wait. scratch that. please read: "very".

18. to borrow an enjoyable mannerism from spliz(19)

19. i fixed the link. sorry about that.

Comments

Jay said…
I liked the first entry. I'm glad all my years of reading code allowed me to keep up with your 'spagetti code' style entry. It was enjoyable/heartbreaking to read such a masterpiece of an entry.

This one is just ok, but it is way easier to do a 'stack' style reading.
Em said…
You make me happy.
Spliz said…
um, did you mean me? because that's not me. I'm pretty sure.
matt said…
we have so much in common.
Nama said…
wow. i'd never thought i'd enjoy footnotes as much as i did today. thanks, kat!
Anonymous said…
So, while taking a break from studying I decided to see what Kat was up to. Turns out reading my text books is a lot like this blog. All I have to say, is what kind of job could inspire you to write like that... it must be evil.
Adriane said…
Hee hee hee. Your blogs never cease to delight me.


...Uh...but I'm not delighting in your PAIN. I'm SORRY about that part.
john said…
So, working for a candy manufacturer is not a sweet job?
Chester B. said…
I love how one can pretext any rude or offensive comment by, "I'm not being rude," or "no offense, but," and it's supposedly rendered "friendly" after that.
Leah said…
I like how even when you're ranting, you sound nice. When I rant, it's blistering and mean. How do you do that?
Andrew H said…
Okay, I am seriously the SLOWEST person around... It took me a couple readings to figure out what in the world you were doing. Well done.
Lincoln said…
Am the only one completely confused by this post. I know your clever Kat...but come on.