i think i'm paranoid. and complicated

i was completely convinced while waiting in the drive thru line at kneaders, that i was being stalked by a zamboni.
a seemingly crazy sentence, since zamboni's rarely venture out amongst the populace.
but i saw in my rear view mirror a zamboni-like vehicle pass behind me EIGHT times.
and let me assure you being stalked by a zamboni is not the joy ride you might think it to be. sure, they can seem carefree and wholesome on a brightly lit ice skating rink, but it's a whole different story when you meet one on the streets because their intentions cannot necessarily be trusted.
i think i saw a movie once where this guy gets chased by a zamboni. and he's trying to outrun it, but it's the 70's and his car is large and crappy and might not have enough gas to get to the top of the hill and i think it was an early steven spielberg movie and, sure, maybe it was about a guy being chased by a semi truck, but still...

anyways, that's why when i parked my car on 700 east and got out and looked up to see the lights of a tow truck pull up behind me...
that's why i screamed.

Comments

Andrew H said…
Once, when I was little, I was run over by a parade float. Is it any wonder parades still freak me out?
Andrew H said…
And I was dressed like a clown when it happened. Hence the hatred of clowns...
matt said…
ya know, zamboni's have a maximum speed of 9 mph, so it couldnt have been a zamboni that was chasing you. and that can mean only one thing. they are mutating. pretty soon they will be burrowing in the ground terrorizing small town locals.
Annegirl said…
I've seen this before. According to the zamboni section of my dream interpretation manual, you have some unresolved fears of exfoliation and the polar bear plunge. There is no known cure. I'm sorry.
john said…
Perhaps the zamboni driver felt that the relationship between you two had gotten icy and was just trying to smooth things over...
Nama said…
hehe...you know, i think i'm dumb, because i was confused by this post, but then i laughed hysterically at the comments. all better now. :)
Anonymous said…
My favorite part of the Zamboni/tow truck was that it towed a car that was in front of our house for two months hogging our street parking spot. The next morning the owner knocked on our door looking for her car! Can't imagine she could've been too concerned, it's not like she ever used it.
Anonymous said…
I didn't know that zombies could drive cars...