ups. and also downs. but really moderate ups & downs. and also a graph.

many ups and downs last week.

UP: i was telling a story and used the word "virulent". i didn't know such a word existed, but apparently it does because after i used it i looked it up in the dictionary and not only is it an actual word, but it's an actual word which i used correctly.
i was scared of my new psychic powers.
DOWN: last night whilst reading i learned that i have been mispelling the word "prerogative" my entire life and thus also mispronouncing it.
i felt stupid.

UP: at different points in the week a couple people confessed their aims to be more like me.
i was touched. my heart grew three sizes.
as did my head.

however(DOWN), when i ever so humbly pried for ellaboration one person told me she admired how i continually try to talk to the people even though they are overtly apathic towards me and the other said she enjoys how familiar i seem to be with all the 7/11 and wendys employees in the three mile radius of my apartment.
i felt pathetic.

...okay, so maybe i was setting too lofty a goal when i said "many" ups and downs.
cuz there are really just the two.

but look, here's a graph like i promised in the title...



Comments

Andrew H said…
Back on June 17th of 2001, I thought I had seen the finest graph ever created. I have reset my "Graph Clock." Well done.
Ann-Marie said…
you forgot the up on saturday when you got to hang out with me and go to the symphony!
matt said…
i always learn better through visual aids.
john said…
I think that it's your prerogative to spell words any which way you choose. Ignore anyone who virulently argues otherwise.
Nama said…
i like it when your life is up, because then, i can celebrate.

i also like it when you life is down, because then...i can have a good laugh.
Carolyn said…
you also misspelled the word mispelled.

sorry, mini-down.
Em said…
You're a graphing genius. You're also very pretty.
Annegirl said…
I never misspell words. I just make up new ones. Speaking of prerogatives.
Chester B. said…
I can't help but think of Bobby Brown's titular song, "It's my Prerogative" whenever somebody says, well, "prerogative."
Leah said…
I thought Nama meant she likes when your life is up. As in when you die. And I was shocked. And then I read on and it was ok again.