instinct

there is an inate desire deep within us, to not live at home.
and if there isn't, there should be.
it should be instinctual.
i don't want to seem ungrateful. i've been crashing at my parents house for the last 2 1/2 weeks. and i love my parents. i get along really well with them. my mom even made me a lunch to take to work with me today. the exact same lunch she gave me all through elementary school and junior high... half a sandwich cut diagonally, chips, an apple and 2 cookies. my parents are great.
but there is an inate and profound drive for me to not live with them.
which is why it gives me great joy to tell you that i am signing a lease for my new apartment today at 5 o'clock.
it's all very exciting.

Comments

Jena said…
I'm confused. Where are you? AZ? UT?
Jay said…
I thought you were going to live out of your car.
Carolyn said…
hmm, do you realize i keep up on your goings on by reading your web site...this would be okay if i weren't your SISTER...

also, congradulations. call me.
Leah said…
Cool. But I'm pretty sad that you aren't here. And Em said you emailed me, but I didn't get an email from you. So basically what I'm trying to say is that I think you're hot and if I was a man, I'd buy you things.
barnesanova said…
kat, sounds like you don't need a backup, apparently everyone here thinks your hot and wants you.
Nama said…
i think kat's hot, but in the immortal words of Satine (aka Nicole Kidman), "we can't do that."
Heather said…
I think the instinct not to live with your parents is called the Will to Surivive.