mix cd

i leave it to you...

best break up songs

(sappy, heart break ballads need not apply)

Comments

kat said…
"you're so vain"
stevie nicks
barnesanova said…
"song for the dumped"
ben folds five
Heather said…
"Last Goodbye"
Jeff Buckley

"No Sensitivity"
Jimmy Eat World
Jay said…
"My Favorite Accident"
-Motion City Soundtrack

"My Eyes Burn"
-Matchbook Romance

"I Just Wanna"
-KISS
Ben said…
New American Classic by Taking Back Sunday

or

I Am Fred Astaire by Taking Back Sunday

,

Forgiveness by The City on Film

or

Quality Revenge at Last by Hey Mercedes

The pattern here being that the first of the set is a "Oh, that used to be my heart" sort of song, and the second is more of a "I will destroy you" sort of song. If you just want good solid bitterness:

Ten Minutes by the Get-Up Kids
Chester B. said…
Isn't "you're so vain" performed by Helen Redy?

"22sai no wakare" is a pretty good one.
Jon said…
Break up songs just make me sadder.
Leah said…
"Dirty Man" -Joss Stone
Nama said…
"my favorite mistake"
-sheryl crow

"why bother?"
-weezer

"in the morning"
-norah jones

"your house"
-jimmy eat world

...and these are just from my last relationship...do i need to go on?
Leah said…
oh yeah, and "barracuda" by Heart
Jimmy said…
if you're not the one
-daniel bedingfield

sorry to break the sappy rule.:)
kat said…
oops. "you're so vain" is by carly simon.

"free at last" g. love

"the one" foo fighters
john said…
I once knew a guy who sent his ex-girlfriend a copy of One More Minute by Weird Al after a break-up. Lyrics here.
Sarita said…
I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself...by that one singer
Cracka Chips said…
Back off I'll take you on. head strong and I'll take on anyone.
Nama said…
i think "one more minute" just became my favorite breakup song...where was weird al when i needed him?!
Jay said…
Ok, I just want to warn you that when I wrote this song I was listening to the Cure a lot.

You don't know how much I need you.
While you're around I don't feel blue.
And when we kiss I know that you need me too.
I can't believe I found a love that's so pure and true.

But it all was bulls***.
It was a g*dd*mn joke.
And when I think of you and I, I hope you f***ing choke.

I hope you're glad with what you've done to me.
I lay in bed all day long feeling melancholy.
You left me here all alone, tears running constantly.

Oh somebody kill me please,
somebody kill me plee-ase,
I'm on my knees,
pretty pretty please kill me.

I want to die.
Put a bullet in my head.
Andrew H said…
"Tainted Love" - Soft Cell

After I broke up with my girlfriend in high school she made me a "I'm so mad at you so I spent all weekend making you a Hate Mix Tape on my dual tape recorder with hi-speed dubbing" mix tape. "Tainted Love" was the headlining song.

I think we got back together a couple weeks later. And then she made me a "I'm so sorry I made you a hate mix tape" mix tape. I think "Groovy Kind of Love" headlined that one.
Leah said…
Jay, all I can say is "Wow," remember that time I cried on your couch and watched the Simpsons with Brandon after I broke up with the other Brandon? That break up song was "Carrion" by Fiona Apple. Maybe you should've sung your happy little ditty for me then.
kat said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kat said…
"he's losing his mind... and i'm reaping all the benefits."
Jay said…
I remember that. That was when I was still getting to know you. It was fabulous. . .not the breaking up and crying part, but the you coming over and watching Simpsons. That was the good stuff.
Jon said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.