"i was whack." "no, i was whack."

first of all, let me point out that this morning i woke up in a puddle of mattress because my air mattress had sprung a leak at some point during the night. my reaction? hit snooze and try to roll over, and when that proved impossible, shrug. and go back to sleep.

i had to go to work without brushing my teeth, because my roomate was in the shower and i was very very late. the last time i went without brushing my teeth was... now let's see... way back in.... oh ya, that's right NEVER!

oral hygeine is very important to me.

i feel very uncomfortable right now.

because i have this obsession with bad breath. so i'm chewing an insane amount of eclipse: polar ice gum and keeping everyone at arms length which, actually, i should have as a work rule anyways, and figuring that i can probably go home to brush during lunch if i skip the lunch part of lunch.

anyways, waking up in a destroyed bed... running hideously late to work... that had no effect on my mood, but not brushing my teeth came very very close to ruining my day. especially when i couldn't find my eclipse:polar ice at first. which i'm thinking ups me to nut status. priorities hugely out of whack. a complete lack of rationale.
but, you know, i'm not the only nut.
my sister has this insane, post-pubescent idea that her arms are fat. cap sleeves freak her out.
lincoln has to have all the bills in his wallet facing the same way and in ascending monetary order. i tried to take up his system but gleaned no sense of accomplishment from organizing my three $1 bills.
and don't even get me started on the roomates i've had over the years. slurpee diets, fear of washing cups, the firm belief that their hair falls out more than anyone else in the apartment, using only white plastic hangers...
and those are the roomates i liked.

i want to think that i know the most dysfunctional people on earth. because that would be really interesting and i could probably make a lot of money from writing a book about it. but i have this suspicion that my people are no weirder than anyone else's people.
which is fine too.
i mean, it's kind of interesting. and i could probably make no money from writing a blog about them.

Comments

Sarita said…
Oooo. I just posted about this the other day. Statues, manequins, dolls, any personage that is not in fact real, or used to be alive and is now not (animals) all send me into a panic attack. And I have a fear of sharp things. In general. And my friend is afraid of eternity.
Andrew H said…
Next time I see you I'm giving you a quarter. For two reasons: 1 - so you can say you DID make money from this blog and 2 - you didn't name me as one of the most dysfunctional people on earth. I really appreciate that!
Nama said…
the girls i went to italy considered me a hygene freak, just because i liked showering every day, and the fact that i did more to my face than just wash it. I'M no freak! i'm just REALLY clean and soft!
Em said…
slurpees were cheap and filling. how was i supposed to know they contained no nutritional value?
Chester B. said…
I like plastic white hangers, too.

They seem to be nicer to clothes...

Wouldn't it be nice is someone invented some gum that would essential brush your teeth as you chewed it?

I'd pay money for that.
Cracka Chips said…
Kat thank you for only mentioning ONE of the freak-like things about me. i know there are many and you could have exposed them all. yes it's true only one color of hanger is allowed in my closet at a time. and yes if you were to open that closet at any given time...those hangers would e evenly spaced out....ooops i've said too much. Dooouuugh!
Leah said…
All my black shirts are on white hangers and all the other colors are on black hangers and there are no other hangers in my closet and my clothes are in rainbow order. I brush my teeth an average of 4 times a day, but I rarely brush my hair.
Lincoln said…
Arranging money in the wallet is NOT that unusual. I've seen lots of people do it. I swear.
Fat eSpence said…
I started arranging the bills in my wallet a few months ago. I rather enjoy it. Why?
I am also obsessed with halitosis, but contradictingly, not oral hygiene.
I hate plastic hangers, because they bend in the middle and wrinkle pants. They are fine for shirts though.