house sitting

i like to think there's no shame in squealing like a small british school boy when you go to pick up a newspaper and there's a snake underneath it.
i even think it's okay to go "eeps!" at the wasp hiding in the mail box.
and when you open the front door and a spider jumps at you and goes "hiss! kathryn! hiss!", i think it's completely normal to call your daddy and tell him to drive 30 miles to kill it.
and when he suggests you kill it yourself, it's fine to yell, "well who asked you mr. rational pants!" and hang up the phone.

that's what i think.
but who cares what i think, what will the neighbors think?

Comments

Leah said…
*chuckles* oh kat.
barnesanova said…
i think its frightening to consider a spider that knows your name. if a spider knew my name, hmm... yeah, i'd definately kill it.
Jay said…
If it was a radioactive spider, then I would definately let it bite me.
Erika said…
I had a dream the other night that plastic spiders turned into real spiders.
barnesanova said…
turning into spider man would be schweet. but for those of you that watched spider man and his amazing friends as a kid, what if you turned in to that lame arachnid guy that had a spider butt and spock eyebrows. not cool.
Jay said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jay said…
Yeah, I've seen that episode. He had the spider butt, he shot webbing from his mouth, and I think I remember him having the bug eyes. He sucked.

It's spiderman or bust!
Em said…
Maybe the neighbors were the ones that planted the creepy creatures. Or maybe the Howlett's did it and hid a camera... just trying to get that America's Funniest Videos money... those monsters!!
Jena said…
There was a spider on Villa property?!I thought that was an upstanding place!
Tiff said…
When it comes to each incident...I think I'd do the same thing.
Kimberly said…
I tried to kill a spider today, but I only maimed it and it got away. It will probably try to eat me tonight to get revenge. That is, if the gimpy can actually drag himself all the way into my bedroom. Ha!
Kirsten said…
the snake would have done me in.
Andrew H said…
HA HA Hee Hee! I love it when a plan comes together!!!