kramer

threeish years ago, my roomates and i had a kramer.

i refer to him as kramer because i don't remember his real name.
i also referred to him as kramer threeish years ago because i never bothered to learn his real name. or where he lived. or if he had any family or friends. i just knew him as the little stray person who would randomly burst through the door and need to borrow our computer, or play my guitar, or show me pictures of some unknown punk band he staunchly idolized.

eventually he stopped bursting in. which was fine because unlike seinfeld, my roomates and i had lives. i did run into him once at a battle of the bands thing and we he talked about how the last band had done an unspeakably lame cover of a weezer song but the next unknown punk band that he staunchly idolized was going to blow my mind and he had started a band consisting of him and a drummer and i was totally gonna have to come to one of their gigs.

i'm writing this down so it won't take spotting him at the mall on tuesday to remind me that i used to have a kramer.

Comments

Leah said…
Everyone needs a Kramer.
talkingdonkey said…
Can I be your new and improved kramer?
Erika said…
so is being a kramer a good or bad thing?
Heather said…
I remember that kid.

he was that odd accessory to apartment 46, wasn't he?

randomly he came over once to ask me if I had a sewing machine.

I was so afraid of why he needed it.
Jay said…
YES !! that was my 5th roommate: Jake. Then there was the 6th roommate: Kennard. We even had a 7th roommate: Lisanne.

SteveBob and I had our hands full that year.
Em said…
I remember that guy! Oh my... he drove me a little bit crazy. And every time he came over I would ask myself, "What's that guy's name again? And why is he here?" and then I'd remind myself that I didn't care and go back to my room.
Kirsten said…
so if you had a kramer, I wonder who has him now.